Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Bad Week 4


Review of busy Week 4:

I was very excited about learning some new things in week 4 but things did not go as planned because of my being too much busy in preparation for the celebration of Tihar (Dipawali) festival (http://www.onlinediwaligiftstore.com/diwali-celebrations-in-nepal.html), one of the greatest festivals of Hindu. I couldn’t spare time for writing, however I managed to read some of the texts suggested by friends of Nicenet.

I know this cannot be excused but the fact is the same as I said. If it’s not OK, I’m ready to quit. I am feeling guilty of myself. I was so busy in some works (like cleaning of my institute, making some plans for the school where I am exam co-ordinator, publishing my newsletters, teaching my English language students, etc.) which I couldn’t avoid at any cost. I tried my times to write on Nicenet but I left incomplete owing to busy schedule.

Where I spent a little of my time:

Multimedia Storytelling (Language Arts, Art, Film) by Tacy Trowbridge
It gives an opportunity to strengthen their communication and it also gives skills by exploring multimedia storytelling for grade level 6-12. With the objectives like telling a story through a combination of words, sounds, and images; using a storyboard to outline and plan; and performing before an audience.

He has also suggested to use these helpful iMovie resources to make movies:

I also read the text, 'How do I write an instructional objective?' which I think we had done a bit before.

I also knew about 'What is K-W-L?'

Know - Want to Know - Learned
K-W-L is an introductory strategy that provides a structure for recalling what students know about a topic, noting what students want to know, and finally listing what has been learned and is yet to be learned.

What is its purpose?
The K-W-L strategy allows students to take inventory of what they already know and what they want to know. Students can categorize information about the topic that they expect to use.
I read instructional methods also.

In short, I kept reading whenever I got a bit time and wondering from where to start in a proper way.

It was not a satisfactory week at all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deep
    Celebrating an important country or religious holiday is fine in our class. Just let me know by email what is going on when possible, we are pretty used to diversity of needs around such issues, as we have such an international class. It sounds like you still did a great job of reading and thinking about stuff.
    Robert

    ReplyDelete