Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Delicious.com


Hi everybody,

As a Week 3 task, I visited www.delicious.com with excitement to explore something new thinking that I could be among some lucky to visit the site first but I was surprised to note that I visited very late. I also regretted for not having used such useful site for so long and suffered a lot from the loss of very important addresses of internet sites. O God why so late?

I am also one of the victims who lost the important links saved on my computer. I also got so many problems regarding the addresses of my favorite websites when I used more than one computers. Very often I myself forget what file name I use to save my important links in .doc format. Previously, I bookmared my pages with ctrl+d but when my computer was formatted, everything (the saving of months' URLs) was lost in a moment.
But thanks to 'delicious.com' and other such top 5 social bookmarking services:

http://www.pandia.com/sew/327-social-bookmarking.html

Furl

Netvouz

Del.icio.us

Ma.gnolia

Bluedot

I really enjoyed creating my own page in a very simple way;
http://www.delicious.com/dear_deep/

But someone please help me when they again shift as Robert said because I don't want to lose my links now.


Deep,
Nepal


What Robert suggested Roza on Nicenet,


Delicious just went through a restructuring period. They used to be owned by Yahoo, but were sold about a year ago. The old accounts were to remain intact, but a few months ago everything was shifted to the new company and their servers.

Unfortunately, there was only a short period of time for users to make the shift and move over their bookmarks. So some people with existing accounts lost their compiled bookmarks and had to start over. I am one of those.

The lesson is, always have backups. It is a lesson I never stop learning.


Robert




2 comments:

  1. Hello Deep, I have to share the same excitement with you, because I have now learned about the potential of delicious.com . I is really useful to be able to visit our bookmarks from any computer and share our links with other users. I guess that by the end of our course, we`ll have this huge list with lots of useful material for our classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deep
    I feel just like Vinicius and you about having been able to create a Delicious page to store all the sites we use with students. So far I had also saved my links in .doc format to lose them later or forget where they had been kept. It is fantastic that now we can access our saved websites from any computer, have the chance to classify them, find them easily and of course share them. Isn’t it great that we can, as Robert said, collaborate by tagging, creating the "bigger than the individual" phenomenon of social bookmarking? It is awesome how we can, with this new resource, make use of technology for academic purposes in a more dynamic and helpful way!

    ReplyDelete