Sunday, October 16, 2011

Reflection of Week 3:


Reflection of Week 3:

Week 3 was really full of learning various things via Delicious.com; Oral Aural Skill Building and so many useful links for all of us. I was very much ready to learn almost all the things very well but the things did not go as I had planned because of time problem. But I am happy that I have 'Delicious.com' where I have saved all the URLs from where I can start any time I am free from any part of the globe.

Many experienced and talented friends shared so many things from whom I have learnt a lot of things. People truly say 'Learning is a life-long process.' I think there are still so many things to learn in life and be a good guide for the students who can quench their thirst of their lives from what we keep learning. Time is a good teacher and it's teaching me so many things these days. I am glad that I have got so many nice friends from the international community who may be in touch from time to time to share the international feelings on a forum through internet.

I also enjoyed reading the article “Developing Listening Skills with Authentic Materials” by Lindsay Miller. It’s really so simple and informative. The new thing I came to know though her article is: ‘More than forty percent of our daily communication time is spent on listening, thirty-five percent on speaking, sixteen percent on reading, and only nine percent on writing (Burely-Allen 1995).’

The focus on three different stages: pre-listening, while-listing and post-listening really helps a teacher to help the learners understand much more than done in some other way.

I found some animations for pronunciation especially for small kids. Any learners beginning to learn phonetics or sounds can take help from this site

There I found ESL Conversation about How to Ask Questions in English with Ellen Duish.
Transcript of ESL Conversation about How to Ask Questions in English is also available there which can help any level of students have better listening skills.

I thank all my friends for sharing links of so many useful sites.


I've saved so many useful sites on: http://www.delicious.com/dear_deep/ anyone can visit me and take the treasure of ELT from there.

Regards,
Deep,
Nepal

2 comments:

  1. Hi Deep,

    Thank you for sharing with us.

    The sites are fantastic. Ready-made materials to use in the classroom!

    I have already saved some of them on my Delicious page.

    Keep up the good work!

    Elmira.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deep,
    www.delicious.com really means delicious. All of us here agree that this is social net work where we could share interesting site that could benefit other readers. We could even share our own article.

    All the best, with regards,
    Maryam

    ReplyDelete